7th day - morning: “The Mental Reseach Institute - at the roots of Systemic Family Therapy”
Visit the MRI in Palo Alto, where Systemic Therapy was born. Wendel Ray, a former director of MRI will bring the history to live at the place where it all started. Discuss the current research and training opportunities with Sophie Suberville, the current director of MRI.
7th day – afternoon: “The Bay Area Family Therapy Center”
Visit the Family Therapy and Training Center of the Bay Area Family Therapy and Training Association in Cupertino. Meet with Jeff Zimmerman and Marie Nathalie Beaudoin and discuss the latest developments in narrative approaches to Family Therapy. Join a training session with the training staff and the students of the BAFTC.
8th day: “University of California in Berkeley”
- 10.30am walk through the campus where Cognitive Psychology was born
- Meet with the Faculty of the Department of Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology and Clinical Psychology
- 1.00pm Phil and Carolyn Cowan on Family Psychology (“When Partners become Parents”)
- 2.30pm discuss the challenging issue of "Burn Out in Health Professions" with Christina Maslach, an internationally recognized expert on this topic
- Watch the sun set over the Golden Gate and see the lights of the City from Treasure Island
- Dinner in San Francisco
9th day: „The City of San Francisco“
HW 101 north along the Bay to San Francisco – Treasure Island and a spectacular view of the skyline of San Francisco – through the streets of San Francisco - Financial District - China Town - Little Italy - Russian Hill - Lombard Street - Telegraph Hill – along the harbour to “Peer 39” – “Height Asbury” – dinner in the City
10th day: “There is no place left to go….”
Shopping in Palo Alto, check out and a last drive up north — to the airport
(Program is subject to changes)